Health Sciences Calendar
2005 - 2006

1.1.10 Immigration Information

UNLESS their studies at McGill will be completed in less than six (6) months, all students, other than Canadian citizens and Permanent Residents of Canada, must obtain proper authorization from both Quebec and Canadian Immigration officials prior to proceeding to Canada and/or commencing studies. The process begins with a Letter of Acceptance from McGill University.

Details on Canadian immigration regulations may be obtained from the closest Canadian Visa Service (CVS) of Immigration Canada.

In addition, International Student Services prepares a "Getting Started" pamphlet along with a detailed Handbook for international students, which is sent to all accepted applicants. The Handbook is also available on the Web.

For further information, please contact:
International Student Services, Brown Student Services Building, 3600 McTavish Street, Suite 3215, Montreal, QC H3A 1Y2
Telephone: (514) 398-4349
Web site:

McGill University