Health Sciences Calendar
2005 - 2006

1.2 Personal Information

1.2.1 Legal Name

All students are registered under their legal name as shown in one of the following documents:

1. Canadian birth certificate.

2. Canadian Immigration Record of Landing (IMM1000 or IMM5292 and Permanent Residence card, both sides).

3. International passport (for Canadians, a Canadian citizenship card is acceptable).

4. Canadian Immigration Study or Work Permit document.

5. Certificate of Acceptance of Quebec (CAQ).

6. Letter from the International Students' consulate or embassy in Canada.

7. Marriage certificate translated into English or French by a sworn officer.

In the case of a variation in the spelling of the name among these documents, the University will use the name on the document that appears first on the above list.

This is the name that will appear on the student's diploma or certificate on graduation, and on the student's transcript.

McGill University