Health Sciences Calendar
2005 - 2006

1.3.3 Transcript of Academic Record Unofficial Transcripts

Students who require a copy of their student record can view and print their own unofficial transcript by accessing Minerva. This applies to records from 1976 to present. For pre-1976 records, an official transcript must be ordered. Official Transcripts

Official transcripts can be ordered on-line via Minerva. Students who cannot access Minerva should fill out the "Request for Release of Official Document" form available on-line at or in person at the Admissions, Recruitment and Registrar's Office at the address below. Transcript requests may be submitted by mail, by fax, or in person but must be signed by the student. To protect privacy, we do not accept telephone or e-mail requests.

Admissions, Recruitment and Registrar's Office
James Administration Building
845 Sherbrooke Street West, Room 205
Montreal, Quebec H3A 2T5
Fax: (514) 398-8939 General Information

Transcripts are free of charge.
Official transcripts are sent directly to the addresses provided by the student. Official transcripts in sealed envelopes can be given to those requesting them.

Requests are processed in 3 to 5 working days, somewhat longer for pre-1976 records and at peak times.

ARR is not responsible for transcripts that are lost or delayed in the mail.

The University will issue only complete transcripts recording all work attempted and results obtained in any and all programs. In no circumstances will partial transcripts be issued.

Official transcripts will NOT be issued for students registered on or after September 2001 who have failed to provide the information and/or documents necessary to obtain or verify their Permanent Code.

Transcripts will not be issued if you owe fees or fines over $30.

Official transcripts are produced on secure paper that cannot be copied. Course Numbering on the Transcript

Prior to September 2002, course numbers had a seven-character designation beginning with the three-number code for the teaching unit/department. The next three digits specified the course, with the first of these indicating its level. The final character was a letter indicating the term, or terms, during which the course was offered. For example:
107-200A = Philosophy (107) course (200) in Fall term (A);
301-202B = Architecture (301) course (202) in Winter term (B);
154-230D = Economics (154) course (230) extending for two terms, Fall and Winter (D).

A list of the former Teaching Unit Codes and their Subject Code equivalents is available on the Web at

McGill University