Health Sciences Calendar
2005 - 2006

1.7.3 Replacement Diploma

There are several instances when you might request a replacement diploma: if you have lost your diploma, if it was damaged or, finally, if you wish to have the name on your diploma changed. Your request must be made in writing and should be sent along with a certified cheque or money order for the amount of CDN$60 made payable to McGill University. Refer to the sections below to determine which situation applies to you. Please forward all requests to the attention of:

ARR Service Centre
Duplicate Diploma Request
McGill University
James Administration Building, Room 205
Montreal QC H3A 2T5
Please note that requests made on behalf of a student must be accompanied by a signed letter of authorization from the student.
To replace a lost diploma: Provide a Sworn Affidavit from a Notary, a Lawyer or a Commissioner of Oaths certifying that the diploma is lost. The Affidavit should include:

Full name; Student Number; Address; Phone Number; Date of birth; Degree granted/year granted; Reason for a replacement diploma.

To replace a damaged diploma or change the name on the diploma: Send or deliver the original diploma. Include clear and complete photocopies of legal documents supporting the name change. Please refer to section 1.2.1 "Legal Name" for the list of acceptable documents. Please note that the name change must be processed in the system before a duplicate diploma can be issued. Enclose a letter containing the following important information:

Full name; Student Number; Address; Phone Number; Date of birth; Reason for a replacement diploma; New spelling/grammar changes.

McGill University